Whether you’re interested in the creative, technical or business side of radio, television or web-based media, the two-year Broadcasting – Radio and Contemporary Media program offers the practical experience you need to excel in this fast-paced industry. Through community involvement and hands-on learning opportunities, you will explore traditional and emerging broadcasting methods, as well as marketing, entrepreneurial and management techniques.
As a graduate, you will be skilled in planning, promoting, creating and hosting both live and pre-recorded programs for a variety of media using current software, broadcast technologies and social media. Your skills in these areas could lead to employment in a radio or television station.
THIS INCLUDES FOCUSING ON:
- Broadcast equipment and operation
- Business skills including management, marketing, sales, programming, promotion and market research
- Hosting, reporting and interviewing
- Production of current affairs, music, sports and talk shows for radio, television and the web
- Radio station operations
- Writing on-air reports and commercial scripts
- Live streaming news, music and sporting events
For full information on the program costs, enrolment and courses, please visit our official Durham College program page.
NOTE: Students enrolling in this program are required to purchase their own laptop. For specific hardware and software requirements for this program click here.